CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Autumn has officially rolled in. The leaves are starting to change colors, the days are cooler and the nights crisp. Now that school has started, I am once again a taxi service. Emily has set appts. on T, W, Th each week and we fill in on M/F with the other doctors as needed. Ash has Y.G. Sun. nights, Small Group Tues. nights and choir on Th. afternoons. She is doing well in Connections Academy and is two weeks ahead in all of her classes.


We started Ash on a gluten free diet three weeks ago. (Now, there's a good time!) She has done well with it but my gosh... it is an expensive allergy to have. She hasn't been feeling well for the past six months and after much research and talking to two other parents whose teen-age girls had exhibited the same symptoms, we thought we would give it a try and just see what happens. Mornings are still a bit rough for her but, all in all, she is feeling much better

My Mom and Dad returned home from South Carolina last night. They were there for the past ten days for a Navy ship's reunion . They have just enough time to do laundry and pack before they get to leave again. They are heading up here on Thurs. They will be here for two and half weeks. I can't wait to have them here. Emmy is changing soooo quickly and I am excited for them to see her again.


Grandpa went into the hospital on Thurs. He has congestive heart failure and is ICU. Mom and Dad went to see him today and said he looked pretty good. No word as to when he'll come home yet.

My business is doing well. I am picking up odd jobs here and there to bring in extra money. I just finished making burp rags and am about ready to start on curtains. There are a couple of craft fairs coming up in the next couple of months and I have been working hard to create items for those. I just wish there were more hours in the day.

Our Spina Bifida group is growing weekly. It seems as though we get a new contact every week. We are going to the Pumpkin Patch with some of the families from our group next Saturday. A couple of families we haven't met yet and others we haven't seen for a year or more so it should be a great day. We have obtained overwhelmin support from the medical professionals as well as the therapists from one end of the state to the other. God has truly blessed our efforts to reach out to people who live with SB. It has been quite exciting.

Well, I am off to take Ash to youth group. Bye for now!

"Mama, I mess!"


"Mama, I like boat"


Emmy and Miss Amy-her PT here in Salem


0 comments: