CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Eve excitement!

We spent Christmas in Oregon this year. This was the first year that I have been away from my parents and sister for Christmas. Due to Bill's job we will be in Oregon every other year, this being the first. We spent Christmas Eve at my aunt and uncle's house with lots of extended family (there were 16 of us). We shared a meal together, listened to my aunt read the Christmas story from Luke, hung stockings and set out cookies for Santa. Emmy and her cousins Jasmine and Dahlia stayed awake well into the night and finally settled down around 10:00 or 11:00. We headed home about midnight (asking ourselves... why???) only to return to my aunt and uncle's at 8:00 the next morning. Once we got home, I had a bit of last minute wrapping to do. I think Bill and I finally went to bed at 2:00am. (But then it wouldn't be Christmas Eve with a good night's sleep would it?)


Look at all those presents!


Smiley girls!


What a cute lil' driver!



and the stockings were hung... by the stair case with care.


and we had to put out cookies for St. Nicholas would soon be there.


2 comments:

Natalie and Lily said...

Did Ash go down to California?

Jill said...

Yep! She left the week before Christmas.