Last week Emmy started another season of horse therapy. She was so excited she could hardly wait. It was the only appointment we kept for the week as she was sick with another UTI and an ear infection. I figured since we were outside for this appointment the sunshine (yes, we had sunshine) would do her good and she was so excited I really wanted her to be able to go. She got right on her horse, Ellie without even a hesitation. Since it had been five months since the ending of the last session I wasn't quite sure what to expect. She was able to ride forward facing without any trouble and without any breaks which means that the muscle group used for that skill haven't weakened in the last five months which was very encouraging. When she was turned around backward she wasn't able to ride sitting up for more than a few seconds without laying down which means that there has been some strength loss in the muscle group used for that skill. The next few sessions will probably focus on building her strength in that area up again. I was anxious to see what the outcome of such a long break would be. I was pleasantly surprised to see that she hadn't lost all of the strength that she gained through October.
Tree Planted
13 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment