Early in April, I received word that one of my dear friends had passed away. Jay and I had grown up together, we had known each other since we were preschool age. A few days after receiving word that Jay had died, Emmy and I boarded a plane for Orange County. This was a trip I never would have envisioned having to take and one of the hardest.
Jay's service was a beautiful and fitting celebration of his short life, he was 36. While difficult to attend, the day was precious for so many reasons. It gave me the opportunity to see friends that I hadn't seen for many years. Some of them, since I graduated from high school (20 years ago). I was grateful for the chance to introduce them to Emmy for the first time. Seeing the ladies that taught my Sunday school classes throughout my childhood was also a highlight. In the days following Jay's service I was able to spend time with my precious friend, Jen and my dear friend Dawn. I was so grateful for this time. It was a time of reflection and healing as we all mourned the loss of someone special.



0 comments:
Post a Comment